Cardinals Academic Program
The Cardinals Academic Program integrates the game of baseball with school curriculum and provides hands-on activities in various locations at Busch Stadium.
Students in grades 3-8 will participate in three units, selected by the teacher (see below for unit descriptions). Units are designed specifically for Grades 3-4, 5-6, and 7-8.
Each unit was written and designed by Missouri and Illinois educators. With an emphasis on Common Core and State Standards*, students apply their knowledge to real-world situations.
*Specific standards for each unit are available upon request.
- 90-minute session which includes three 20-minute units
- Arrive via the media entrance by Gate 2
- Class picture in a ballpark setting
- Bus parking available
- Handicap accessible
- Maximum of 80 students per session (min. 25)
- Reservations required and must be made at least 2 weeks in advance
- 1 teacher or adult chaperone per 10 students is required with a maximum of 10 adults for the entire group
LUNCH AT THE BALLPARK
- Bring your brown bag lunch* and EAT at the ballpark!
- For only $35 per CAP session, a lunch room will be provided for students as part of their CAP experience. Please ask a CAP booking specialist about this offering!
- *No third-party catered food service allowed.
- Make the most of your visit to the ballpark and enhance your CAP experience by adding a stadium tour or a visit to the Cardinals Hall of Fame and Museum!
- CAP: $6 per student (includes 3 CAP units)
- Double Play: $11 per student (includes CAP experience and stadium tour OR museum visit)
- Triple Play: $15 per student (includes CAP experience, stadium tour AND museum visit)
Inspect artifacts from the Cardinals' past and present stadiums to discover similarities and differences in the game of baseball.
Use scientific inquiry skills to conduct an investigation of the most exciting collision in baseball...bat and ball.
Discover the principles of logo design by looking at our own "Birds-on-the-Bat" and then redesign the legendary Cardinals look by using those same techniques.
Recognize different points of view by watching clips of thrilling Cardinals' plays and writing your own colorful calls.
Explore the numbers on the back of baseball cards and how to use them by solving math problems and developing a batting line-up.
Celebrate diversity and recognize its impact on the game of baseball by examining player profiles of the St. Louis Cardinals to build your own winning team.
All students participating in CAP will receive a voucher for two tickets to a weekday Cardinals game in April, May, August or September of the 2018 season!